King's Town Players brings the best in comedies, drama and family shows to theatre lovers in Kingston. We are a not-for-profit community theatre company has grown over the past 6 years from a small group of dedicated volunteers to over 120 enthusiastic volunteers. We present five main-stage productions in a number of different venues over the course of a year.
The 2016-2017 Season is underway. Check back under News for updates and events.
King's Town Players leases a rehearsal space and workshop for set storage and construction on Days Road.
We created King's Town Players with the goals:
- To produce engaging theatrical presentations of the highest possible quality for our audience;
- To entertain, inspire and enrich the cultural life of our community by providing rich theatre experiences;
- To educate and nurture community members by providing hands-on learning experiences in various aspects of theatre arts for youth and adults;
- To celebrate the creativity of those involved in theatre as actors, technical crew, playwrights, etc.; and
- To join with other community theatres and artists for mutual assistance and enrichment.
We feel strongly that theatre is a vital part of the cultural fabric of the community and that the practice of theatre can provide an outlet for creative community involvement.
King's Town Players is a not-for-profit organization that supports our community. We strive to use local businesses and trades to provide the goods and services required for our productions.
King's Town Players is a Non-Equity company.
King's Town Players is a registered not-for-profit organization.